28 August 2008

A shameless appeal

I was going to blog about some dictionary debate (maybe I still will in a few days) but then a colleague suggested I should be put forward as a nominee for the 3rd annual writing blog awards.

So I went and had a look and thought, yeah why not? But I need nominations - and who better to ask than all you lovely people who keep reading me week in, year out.

So now's your chance to tell the blogosphere about why you think I should be considered. All you have to do is visit the nomination blog post and nominate me in the comments under the post. Don't forget to add my blog URL and why you think I deserve the nomination.

Thank you all, I'm counting on you! Mwah!

5 comments:

dougalfish said...

done! Who are 'men with pens' anyway? - okay I had a look and couldn't see the blog for the ads - eek. xx

Anonymous said...

YAY! Three nominations and counting, once mine appears online. Get your biggest fan Mr Greenslade to nominate you, he must count at least double.

Unknown said...

Well, I'm hoping I won't have to beg the Great Roy for a nomination seeing as he tunes in here regularly anyway. Hopefully, he will do the decent thing (after offering me a guest column in the Graun, of course!).

I think you'll find there are at least 4 nominations now...

Anonymous said...

But they can't spell favourite! Or even favorite. Twice: favoriate

Tsk.

Unknown said...

Heh, yes I spotted that straightaway! How embarrassing a typo is that? It's been up there two days and not even been amended...