07 August 2008

The wrong notch, aka Web 2.0h.no

I'm a big fan of social networking on the internet. I use LinkedIn for professional contacts and I hang out on Facebook for both work and fun. I tweet away on Twitter to colleagues and I have accounts on StumbleUpon, Delicious and various other Web 2.0 applications.

But I was rather taken aback today to receive an exclusive beta invitation to Bedpost. This is a social networking site too far. I'm well aware that whatever you post on the net stays on the net. Forever. Which is why I won't be signing up to Bedpost. I don't have the inclination to record all my past conquests on somebody else's website, no matter how reassuring the privacy policy is. And I certainly don't want my sex life hanging around in cyberspace for ever. Some things are best kept private.

They say that in space no one can hear you scream. In cyberspace, I fear the world hearing past screams of pleasure.

This is Web 2.0h.no rather than Web 2.00000h.yesyesyes.

No comments: