23 June 2006

If only it were true...

According to this morning's news, today is supposed to be the happiest day of the year.

I suppose it would be if you didn't need to work (or had booked the day off), that your friends and family were equally time-rich and keen to go picnicking with you.

I expect that most people, like me, are just going to laugh when they read the news.

Let's see - it's grey outside with a top temperature forecast of 19C, with possible showers. I'm so up to my neck in work, I'll probably not have time for lunch (but I will try and grab a coffee break with the cleaner when she's here). I have back pain today ( a recurrent problem), and I only had 6 hours' sleep last night, so I'm feeling a tad grouchy. I'm unlikely to see any friends before tomorrow. And there's no EastEnders on tonight because of the sodding football.

Happiest day of the year? Don't make me laugh...

No comments: