23 May 2007

Procrastination

I'm having a phone-phobic day. I'm not comfortable with the phone at the best of times unless speaking to people I know very well. My mobile lies in a dark corner gathering dust, only to be used to call a cab or for some other emergency. Very few people have my mobile number - I operate on the basis that people can contact me by email, or landline if they need to speak to me.

Today I have a deadline looming and I really ought to be on the blower, chasing my contacts but I just can't bring myself to pick up the receiver and dial. I need to file tomorrow, but procrastination seems more attractive.

All the editing work has dried up for now. For once I am glad. It means I can go shopping on Friday. And I do mean shopping. Proper shopping, as opposed to the grocery run. It's been 3 months since I last trawled the clothes shops and, as Morrissey famously sang, I haven't got a stitch to wear.

The naked wordsmith - sounds like the title for a book....

No comments: