23 October 2006

Birthday / grindstone

I reached the grand age of 45 today. Never thought I'd get here and still can't quite believe I have. Luckily, I look 10 years younger and am not in need of Botox and bathchair just yet...

My beloved P bought me a laptop and gorgeous green leather bag to keep it in. And books and chocolate and a mini-mouse for the laptop. I also got an olive tree (really!), a large cheque from the parental, more chocolate (are people trying to tell me something?), and masses of bling, amongst other things. Last night we dined at a friend's and were treated to an amazing home-cooked Jamaican meal. Tonight P is taking me to a posh restaurant. Yeah I know the website's crap, but the food definitely isn't.

But enough of my birthday.

I've been hard at it for most of the day, proofreading an immensely complicated website (with no site map) online and noting errors on an Excel spreadsheet. Not a task for the faint-hearted - it requires immense concentration so I don't lose track of where I am on the site. And I've had to test every single link, of which there are many. And of which many are broken. Grr. Still. I'm a third of the way through the 150-odd pages, so I'm likely to beat the deadline.

Work's a drag when I'd rather be out having fun, but needs must when you're a freelance...

No comments: