26 January 2007

ISP trouble

BT Internet is letting me down. Over the last three days, emails have arrived very randomly - some turning up 2 or 3 days late, others (from listservs) arriving out of sequence by hours or even days. The most annoying thing is that I'm expecting work and there's no sign of it. Luckily, my Russian client was able to send me a file by Skype, but gawd knows when the rest will arive.

In the meantime, I'm still minus a contact lens. It was supposed to arrive on Wednesday, but a quick call to my optician confirmed they haven't received it yet. Grrr...

And I've had to cope with a very minor seizure this morning, which means my brain is still having trouble processing words. Epilepsy is a pain when you work in my field.

The good news is that I've got a large cheque to pay in from a happy client. And my debtor hasn't paid up yet, so I'm rubbing my hands at the thought of starting a court action...

No comments: