31 July 2006

Coding has no father

Gah! I spent hours this afternoon faffing with the template for this blog.

The reason I'm not a computer programmer but a wordsmith is because coding is a bastard. I've picked up bits and pieces of HTML over the last 7 or 8 years but I'll never be a whizz at it. I'm still working out the finer points of this template - it took me forever to install the links on the sidebar. Getting the links up was long overdue - several people/organisations have been kind enough to put a link to this blog on theirs and it seemed only fair to return the favour and add a few other relevant ones.

Not being familiar with blog coding in the slightest, it took a lot of concentration and hard thinking about logic (yes I installed the coding chunk in the wrong place to start with and it took me 30 minutes to figure out why the links wouldn't show!).

Anyway, the links are up now.

I think I'll stick to writing ordinary words...

No comments: